View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by momcaregiver View Post
Learn something new everyday, thanks, I`ll keep that in mind. Ruth
Well I just read this and it plays into the why hes still doing well weeks after using DM. This is for treatment resistant depression and is using ketamine but from what I understand they work alike. I have no idea if the lad is depressed or not but I do know that I`ve seen some major motor movement improvements and I like it. Just thought I`d share as the time line of effectiveness is interesting. More towards my once a week a doseing I was concidering trying. Might need a few days of childs dose first to get back to that saturation point. I`m gonna keep reading and pondering. Ruth

Evidence for Safety in Antidepressant Use:

RESULTS: Ketamine elicited minimal positive psychotic symptoms. Three patients experienced significant but transient dissociative symptoms. Side effects during and after each ketamine infusion were generally mild. The response criterion was met by nine patients after the first infusion as well as after the sixth infusion. The mean (SD) reduction in MADRS scores after the sixth infusion was 85% (12%). Postketamine, eight of nine patients relapsed, on average, 19 days after the sixth infusion (range 6 days-45 days). One patient remained antidepressant-free with minimal depressive symptoms for >3 months.

CONCLUSIONS: These pilot findings suggest feasibility of repeated-dose IV ketamine for the acute treatment of TRD.
momcaregiver is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (06-09-2014)