View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi Rimbanda or is it Phil?,

You've a lovely name, where is it from?
I'm sure you've been told about the bending and twisting. Definitely get lots of rest and walk short walks for 5-10 minutes at first, perhaps 5 minutes at first, twice a day and build it up.
Do you like swimming? Maybe ask your Doctor about a few minutes walking in the pool or back strokes that helped me mentally to. After that, rubbish daytime TV is interesting sometimes....not! In saying that I like the Discovery channels, or films I've recorded. I read books if my concentration is okay with it.

I hope this helps but please remember I'm not a doctor and their advice on anything you feel you can do is important, you probably won't feel like doing these things every day, work at you're own pace and try not to push yourself too hard, listen to your body that will tell you what you're ready for.

Best of luck with your surgery Rimbanda,

Sinéad
Thanks Sinéad,
Didn't think swimming would be doable due to twisting, but I will ask about that, the Nevro rep has already said water skiing is out. Which is fine as I don't waterski. But she used it as an example of one of her clients who went skiing after 9 weeks thinking all was good. Bad move on his part.

Rimbanda is a locality basically in the middle of nowhere in central Queensland. It is approximately half way between Longreach and Winton. I worked in Longreach for 4 1/2 years and we used to have a break and change drivers there on our way to Winton.

Phil
Rimbanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-11-2014), Hannabananna (06-11-2014), PamelaJune (06-10-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014), Sophie_ (06-09-2014)