View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
Sinead pretty much said it all! Depending on the pain condition/origin for the reason to get the SCS, your Dr perhaps will have specific recommendations of do's and don'ts.
I remember how wonderful the therapy pool was for me, esp since I could walk, tread water and do other non-weight bearing light exercises. Be careful if you sit in a hot tub if it might make your battery hot.

There have been others here who went straight back to their active lifestyles, even karate, but in due time. Common sense will tell you not to sky dive the first week out of surgery. .... my 'common sense' told me it was ok for me to pitch 60 lb bales of hay to my horses.
I was back in for a revision with my tail between my legs. ha.

Like Sinead said, your body will pretty much tell you if you are over-doing.

Best Wishes for your implant!
Will be anxious to hear how it went!

Rae
Hi Rae,
Thanks for the tip about the hot tub. I might have tried that out as at present I use a lot of heated wheat bags on my various annoyances. Thankfully Rae (my wife) has made a heap of them, so there is always a fresh one to heat up.

Implant is scheduled for the 23rd, but still have to have another meeting with the PM to discuss placement of the unit. The waiting is nearly as bad as the thought of the procedure.

Phil
Rimbanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-11-2014), PamelaJune (06-10-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)