View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Go to the doctor, urgent care, or the ER. Some symptoms you are describing are potentially dangerous. It's time for a doctor—just go.

There's no way to tell what is going on because we aren't doctors. Even if we were, you have to be seen, examined, and have tests. Make sure they check your O2 because when the pulse goes higher with MG, it means that you might not be getting enough oxygen to your tissues.

I hope you'll be okay.

Annie
Thank you so much for your comment and advice. I wrote to my Neuro giving him one last chance...NOT that I am holding my breath on that one!! I also called my GP but he is on holiday and I can't get to see him until next week!! He told me to focus on resting and that we will intelligently sit down and talk this though to find a plan when he is back...he said I could sit in a room with 12 Neuro's and they would all have a different opinion on whether I have MG given my negative tests....which I do agree with! He says I am a victim of the system, a system the dr's themselves create (not quite sure what that part meant!) and its not fair to be lead up the garden path with a diagnosis only for the Dr to back off when the tests don't show what they want it to! He says we should perhaps try being less concerned about the labels and more concerned with getting me functioning...which is exactly what I want...but I'm not sure what he will be able to do/is prepared to do to get me there??! Again....I am not getting my hopes up!

What you say about O2 levels is something I have wondered about along with Low Blood pressure...but my hate of the Doctors visits always has my BP up and so it never really shows!! I have been looking it up and there are some papers linking autnomic dysfunction with it with MG written 2013/2014.....but also lots of people struggling to be diagnosed and palmed off being told they have anxiety - an anxiety about being upright?? That's a new one on me!! lol!! I brought a new finger Pulse Oximeter - my resting pulse is around 65 and sats seem to bump around in the 80/90's....but when I stand it struggles to keep a reading and the bpm looks to drop and then jump up to 90's and sats drop to the 60/70s?! I'm getting a cuff BP monitor to see if that can give me a clearer reading...as this doesn't seem right?!

Right now, the sofa is my friend (again!) and I am resting as much as possible and hoping to be back on my feet again soon Thanks again! x
Unsure81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (06-13-2014)