View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 11:52 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Significance of minor head bumps

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering what the significance is, in terms of recovery, of minor head bumps. I slipped on ice 3.5 months ago, and was on a good recovery track for 5 days when I minorly nudged my head by leaning/pushing into a car visor, which caused some pain, but more importantly kicked me off into a downward spiral of anxiety and depression that's brought me here.

I bumped my head minorly a couple other times as well (most recently this morning). Every time I do bump my head I tend to hyperfocus on it and often there is a headache (where I bumped my head the first two times within a week of falling I still sometimes get headaches) but eventually they subside.

I've seen a lot here about how minor head bumps constitute further concussions in those who've already had one, and I'm just wondering how they affect recovery, even if the only symptom from the bump is a headache. This morning for instance, I gently bumped my head on the ceiling while walking slowly down some stairs carrying laundry. It hurt for a little bit, but then subsided, coming back for brief moments every once and while (although I might be confusing them with normal headaches in a close spot to where I hit).

If the headache passes relatively quickly without other symptoms (besides me likely needlessly worrying), can I go on with normal activities? Should I rest for a day? It seems my main problem is worrying too much about them, so if that's the case, carrying on with normal activities seems like the best medicine...(perhaps I just answered my own question!)
Laupala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote