View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Suffering 6 years of burning in my. Body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisaunt View Post
Hi: I feel your pain (literally). My PN is also idiopathic, however, I am in the states so have some options. I agree, in general, though, that general neurologists just don't know enough about it to do anything helpful. That being said, mine did start me on Cymbalta which helped my feet a great deal. Now, two years later, my arms are starting to be affected. I am having another EMG on my arms done soon. I am seriously considering going to Mayo Clinic (a bigger hospital with more specialities, tools, etc) to get everything ruled out. I think, sometimes, we may have more than one disease or problem going on and it is often missed. Good luck!! And, I hope you, like I am, are glad for sites that feature folks with similar problems!! amy
I have idiopathic neuropathy. I have been to the Mayo Clinic and they had no suggestions for me. It starts with a funny feeling in my palate. Like a pizza burn. Then my entire torso gets squeezed and feels like it's burning. Then my vaginal. Area starts pinching. Nothing helps except taking an Ambian and clonozepam and going to sleep. When I wake up it is gone. I have tried lyrics, cymbalta, and all the narcotics. I'm now on 600 gabapentin. Can't tolerate more. Marijuana doesn't do much either.
bckay1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote