View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Painful Tics...Anybody Else?

So, I've always had head jerking tics and tics where I tense muscles in different parts of my body a lot. This weekend has been a terrible mixture of the two and I'm not really sure how to explain it all. I've been sore from ticcing for a long time before, but the only tics that have actually been painful themselves are hitting tics where I hit my legs or my shoulders. The other day I started jerking my head. Then tensing neck muscles was added to it. Now, I have this horrible mixture of jerking and tensing and twisting my neck and it is causing me quite a bit of pain. My neck is really sore and I now have a big knot/lump on the back and at the base of my neck. I don't know if it is muscle knotted up there or what. When I jerk/tense/twist my neck I can feel it popping and feel what can only be described as a grinding feeling in my neck. Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I am debating whether or not I want to go to work tonight because I am so sore and so exhausted physically and mentally from a weekend full of this. If anyone has experienced this before and can give me some advice or ideas on how to relieve the pain and soreness, I would greatly appreciate it.

I take that back...
I have had tics like this before. I had tics like this when I was first diagnosed a few years ago. It's got me kind of anxious and worried because at that time, I got so bad that I couldn't drive or work at all for months at a time and I ended up going to the ER three times one weekend because I was in so much pain and we didn't know that I had Tourette's or that it was tics at that time.

Ugh...
jnt1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-09-2014)