Thread: Kerogenic diet?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 05:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Qwerky,

I will tell you that if you are on the drug, Diamox you will have to go off of the drug to be on the diet. I have been on it and one thing I do for a recipe is make popsicles from kool aid and then after they are frozen I dip them into canola oil and put them back in the freezer.
If you are interested you can buy the book titled "The Epilepsy Diet Treatment" By Dr. john Freeman this explains all about the diet and how it works. You do have to go on the diet slowly and pogo mentioned sometimes a person has to stay in the hospital for a short time for their body to adjust to the diet.

You may want to try using coconut oil with 100% virgin oil this is what I'm doing now. I take a tiny dish and put 1 tsp. of coconut oil in the dish then I add peanut butter and a little bit of sugar. Mix up all the ingredients and put the dish in the frig to get cold and a little hard. Then enjoy. Another thing you can do is put a teaspoon of coconut oil in your coffee or tea and the coconut oil builds up keytones and stops sz. just like the ketogenic diet. You have to slowly increase the coconut oil over a few weeks so you are up to 2-4 tablespoons a day. I have found this really reduced my sz. and it helps lose weight also. To get more info. just go on line and type in coconut oil stopping seizures. Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!
Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote