View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperElectric View Post
I wish more research was done into mtbi it's such a common injury but until drugs companies see a buck in it then there won't be the funding!
There will never be a real buck to be had because everyones head heals differently... mine did not heal like Kev's... we had accidents about the same time... Mine will not heal like the MANY MVA's that we have on here...

The bad part is there is NO fix for this.. you can only manage symptoms... and everyone manages those in different ways.. some think that the holistic approach is just as good as drug cocktail... it has to be what works for you and what gets you to the point where you think that you are "healed" or able to consistently work around the symptoms you have and make it work in your life...
The Start: MVA, t-boned, on 1-12-14 (my sons 5th birthday) and did not think anything of it.. my back hurt on site but everything else seemed ok. Lost about 10-12 hours from about 3 hours after the accident to the next day...Experienced terrible brain fog for over a month, plus intense headaches, nausea, dizziness, cognitive difficulties, disorientation, no short term memory, depression and just an overall hangover feeling daily.

Current Situation: I'm about 7 months in and my local neurologist has waived her white flag and therefore I am headed to Dallas to be seen (I have family there). The headaches are still daily. I have nausea, dizziness as well.

Drugs I have been on- Vicodin (off), Naproxen (off), proanolol (off), topamax (off), cataflam (off), Midrin (off), Flexeril (off) and now Namenda XR (off), Nortrptylin (off), Verapamil (off)

Therapy- Osteopath, Vestibular and balance therapy, fuzion/soft tissue massage, acupuncture

Drs- ER (no help), GP, Chiropractor, Neurologist and Osteopath
SarahSmile0205 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Living_Dazed (06-10-2014), poetrymom (06-10-2014)