View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 10:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

To all the ladies that have posted on this thread,

I am so sorry to hear about your pain and suffering. It was suggested a few years ago that I have the surgery for stress incontinence issues but I declined. Hearing what you ladies have been through, I am so glad I decided to just live with my issue. I went straight from the monthly pads to the Poise pads after menopause. I have yet to be "pad free" since puberty but I will take the pad wearing any day over what you have all described.

My heart goes out to each and every one of you. I hope each of you gets a good resolution to your problems and can become pain free.

Just a side note,..... I had gyn surgery at the age of 26. I asked for a hysterectomy at that time due to the many gyn problems I had. I was told I was too young and I was subjected to putting up with all the problems until menopause. I was thrilled when menopause finally came my way only to be told then that I needed a hysterectomy. My response was, "You docs had your chance years ago and made me put up with all the pain and suffering for decades." Thanks but NO thanks. Only if my life is in danger do you get to take it out now.

Many do not have the same options that I am fortunate to have and my heart goes out to each of you and what you have had to endure. After reading your posts, I realize just how fortunate I am and how I may have dodged a lot of complications.

My best to each of you and my wishes that each of you get the help you need.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote