View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 11:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Lara!
It has been a long time. I have been so busy with work and wedding planning that I've just not been online much at all.

I made Jacob (my fiancé) give me a massage yesterday. It was good while it lasted, but pretty soon I was back at it. I'm not much of a collar wearer. High collars irritate me. I think it's part of my sensory hypersensitivity. It definitely would make things worse. I'm going to try a heating pad on it after while.

I was considering emailing my doctor and asking her for suggestions, but recalling that she has never been helpful when I've asked her before, I decided that was probably a waste. I still may send her a quick message with an update anyway.

I have started wearing fake nails all the time, and that has actually helped sensory-wise. I can't handle my real nails rubbing any type of fabric. Scratching my own skin with my nails is usually fine, but say I try to scratch someone else's back for them, it just makes me cringe after a minute. I have also found that wearing sunglasses at all times when driving during the day helps a lot. My eyes are so sensitive to the sun, which is really aggravating when driving. The problem is I am bad about taking my sunglasses off at other people's houses and just losing the in general, so I've probably bought 5 pair of sunglasses in the last 6 months. I typically only buy $5 sunglasses from Walmart. One day I'll end up with 10 pair of sunglasses because everyone will be finding them at their houses and returning them to me. Lol.

There are a lot of things that I have just dreaded doing lately around the house because of my OCD. I have gotten to the point where I just don't want to do things because I'm so tired of having to do it a certain way. I don't mind the actual task at hand, it's the fact that I am so exhausted by the constant running in my head and trying to make sure I'm doing everything just right or checking afterwards to make sure I did it a certain way. Even though I hate that it's not done, like dishes being dirty or laundry not being done or the floors not swept and mopped, I kind of feel like I'd rather not do it at all than go through the extra work. But then I feel so lazy and my house is a mess and I can't stand it.

The life we live is a rollercoaster, and even more so with TS and all that comes along with it.
I hope everyone is doing well.
jnt1989 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-11-2014)