View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is where I'm coming from. Unless there is proof or this is a last resort nobody is operating on my brain or any other part of my body. Even if it meant living with the symptoms. There is a non-trivial risk of death and total disability just from the surgery.

The other things to consider are that DBS does not always work. There are many accounts involving "tuning" the DBS program. One woman in Denver spent three years unable to speak because the docs could not tune her device. Others have lost the ability to think rationally. Is this really worth the risk considering early stage symptoms. My opinion is no. Yours may be different. It seems that nobody is discussing that this surgery has a good chance of not working or making things much worse for minor early onset symptoms.

These are the things I was trying to point out. Ultimately it is each person's decision. I respect your opinions. Too bad a few people have no respect for others. Several people in PM's warned me about this site and a small element attempting to drum out all those that did not agree with them. tsk tsk. That seems far more problematic to me.

As far as being counter productive? I guess if you have an agenda statements involving free speech and information might be counterproductive. I never thought more information and different opinions in an arena like a forum were counterproductive. How is information ever problematic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
I) respect for posters is pivotal even if you do not agree with the post.
Ii) No one is drilling a hole in my head except as an absolute last resort. Too risky, brain surgery is never routine.

Take care,
Neil.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote