View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

How can anyone judge tone from the written word? Could it be possible that misunderstanding is part of the issue. I am asking questions and putting forth information. People tend to forget that science does NOT know how LD works or how DBS works. It's all theory.

If these kind folks want to volunteer to be statistics for some gnarly complications then they can benefit a lot of other folks who are not so adventurous. That is fine with me. Don't expect me to be quite so giving. They are welcome to go right ahead. It makes me a little squeamish to be quite so uncaring.

It was obvious from what was said that several haven't done the research on what might happen to them. Early on in the disease things are VERY mild and they may have atypical PD which would never require this surgery. It was my intent to point this out. If my word smithing doesn't strike ur fancy I can do nothing about it. Perhaps realizing the written word can be so easily misunderstood would be helpful.

I think it's much more irresponsible to support this type of study without pointing out the downside. Dying is rather counterproductive IMHO. The ostrich mentality on this site seems way more counterproductive than my questioning of the publicized facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
I think we need to get some perspective about this subject of "free speech" as it is not my intention to join a crusade against certain posters or this subject. I thought the tone of the response to your original post was inappropriate, I posted a reminder about respect, and that is where I will leave it.

I urge you to do the same as I feel what needs to be said has been said.

As for this forum head hunting certain posters, Aftermathman was a member of the original Braintalk, (mostly talking to Howard re. rugby, and boring the yanks to death as they don't play the game) and Braintalk2 since its inception.

For all its faults I believe this forum offers the most knowledgeable and informative platform on the web and I am proud to have contributed however a small amount to this base. I agree we perhaps need to redress the balance between science and the human perspective however if you want to know anything about PD, (or rugby), Braintalk is the place to look.

Take care buddy,
Neil.
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote