View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 04:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So what you're saying is that the actual clinical data would have shied you away from DBS?? OR that you went in not knowing this (the facts) and had the surgery? All the more reason for someone to post the FACTS. You prove my point. I would want all the good and bad facts before making my own carefully considered decision. The ostrich mentality isn't a good one to have when contemplating brain surgery.

Honestly, if you're telling me one post with NIH facts would have caused you not to have the surgery and ruined your life? Really? Really? No surgery is 100% safe or these stats would NOT BE THERE! The doc would not have explained the RISKS to you. You had to sign a legal release that you knew death was a possible outcome. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous.

*admin edit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedahlia View Post
DBS surgery is safe if done by a good surgeon. I had the best! We are all told ahead of time of the possible complications, but what you just posted would have shied me away from it and that would have been a mistake for me. Its not perfect but it was the best thing I ever did.

I will be leaving my brain to science and hopefully they will learn from it.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-10-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: NeuroTalk Guidelines/flaming another member
d0gma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote