View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0gma View Post
So what you're saying is that the actual clinical data would have shied you away from DBS?? OR that you went in not knowing this (the facts) and had the surgery? All the more reason for someone to post the FACTS. You prove my point. I would want all the good and bad facts before making my own carefully considered decision. The ostrich mentality isn't a good one to have when contemplating brain surgery.

Honestly, if you're telling me one post with NIH facts would have caused you not to have the surgery and ruined your life? Really? Really? No surgery is 100% safe or these stats would NOT BE THERE! The doc would not have explained the RISKS to you. You had to sign a legal release that you knew death was a possible outcome. To suggest otherwise is just ridiculous.

*admin edit*
REALLY!!!!!!!

I had the facts but I spoke to people who had undergone the surgery.....many of them. I joined a Yahoo site where all they talk about is DBS. I watched the actual surgery on the web. I did my research my way and was well aware of the problems that could arise. I had encouragement not discouragement...and your posts are discouraging. In your zealousness to sound intelligent, you turn readers off! You must be having a bad day...RELAX!
bluedahlia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
soccertese (06-10-2014), Tupelo3 (06-10-2014)