View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I think some of us are ruffled by your statements because we live in a prison of sorts.

This is in my brain because it's damaged but not fabricated my emotional mind.

My life was full and active with family, friends, career, independence, and so much more before the accident. My family and I have lost so much.

There is no big payout, no benefit to me to stay this way nor a benefit to my family.

When someone experience a healing or success at kicking a habit they can have a righteous and degrading attitude towards others that can't do the same. The whole, "Well if I can do it anyone can do it!" mentality is detrimental to those not successful, and it's offensive. Healing from this is not a choice.

I'm sure a good attitude helps but if choosing to be healed worked, most would not be injured or sick in this world.

I am happy for you that you've healed, truly. After 18 months of this catastrophic life changing event I am happy for anyone that can escape the lasting damage of this type of injury.

I'm wondering if your comments come out of ignorance since you healed and are not living with this still. I don't mean that disrespectfully. Just that there may be things you don't know you don't know. We are all ignorant in some way or another. I hope you never know the deeper extend of what many of us go through here.

Jace

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anderson67 (09-02-2014), EsthersDoll (06-11-2014), Hockey (06-10-2014), MiaVita2012 (06-11-2014), Mokey (06-13-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-11-2014), music-in-me (06-10-2014), poetrymom (06-13-2014), SarahSmile0205 (06-10-2014), Theta Z (06-10-2014)