View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 09:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

But this forum has helped me a lot, raised my awareness and knowledge. I wish i found this place after concussion #1 and i would probably not be in my situation. But that is in the past. Also this forum has scared me too because some of the regulars and others have shown that this battle can be a long lengthy one. Severity of injury and age are probably major determinants of time for healing and chance of full recovery. Nonetheless, i will continue to battle and we all need to. Te truth is NO ONE knows much about the brain. It is complex and the best neurologist on this planet can say all they want but the brain remains a mystery.

This PCS is probably a combo of things, but they cannot observe the brain because if you touch it it will go into shock and bad things will happen. Looking into many research papers i can tell you all the brain;s main strength is not replacing the neurons but adapting to the situation. If neuron A and B are gone then C must take over. This obviously has its limits but if anything at least have comfort knowing that for viewing and typing on this forum, something "good" must be happening.
allday310 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anderson67 (09-02-2014), EsthersDoll (06-11-2014), Hockey (06-10-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-11-2014), music-in-me (06-10-2014), poetrymom (06-13-2014)