View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 12:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hang in there

Hi Pam, sorry I didn't reply to your outreach email a few months ago. I'm sorry to hear that your in such pain again. We had a reunion in February from the Input course and all of us who have implants are in more pain than before. It messes with your head.
I too have been told that I have failed back surgery syndrome, but like Wiggy, I don't consider that to be the case. I've had 8 operations in my c spine, and a fracture in my t spine. I am not paralyzed, so to me, my surgeon has always been someone I trust wholeheartedly.
My pm however, they have to label our pain. I would doubt any of them have chronic pain. With the NEVRO senza, we don't know whether the pain is coming naturally, or being caused by the machine. Those on older systems can feel when the machine is too high or too low. I said to one of my friends who has the old implant, that we are all passengers in our lives at the moment, as the system is so new, it's always trial and error. I've had my implant since August 2013, and they've only just managed to help my arm pain. Now will it take them the same time to find the right settings for my back. I'm on more slow release morphine than before trial, twice as much. At the moment, I'm trying to come off my top up morphine. It's a journey of which we have no control, and I know I feel helpless at it all. All of the people who were with me at input at St Thomas' in London, feel the same.
Take care, and gentle
Barbs
Bouncybabs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-11-2014), ger715 (06-12-2014), Hannabananna (06-11-2014), PamelaJune (06-11-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)