View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 07:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Popple....my entire story is lengthy and insane. There is a good book that talks about these things called "Striking Back."

I originally had no pain at all, and wanted a crown....long story.
The dentist had great great trouble putting on the crown, many re-do's and oddness, etc.... and I ended up with very bad pain.
I went from dentist to dentist trying to get the crazy pain to STOP! The last dentist said I had an infection (wrong). He pulled my tooth. Then he did a graph. I had more problems after the graph. Then I had an oral surgeon, who was also an MD, remove the graph. After that, I got sicker. I didn't think it was possible. My blood pressure was through the roof. I had to QUADRUPLE my blood pressure medication, PLUS add a second medication, just to get it to be decent. A biopsy was done and I took something like 12-15 (can't recall, but it was nuts) vials of blood to test for infection. No infection was ever found.

To my SHOCK, the oral surgeon/MD apologized for the dental profession and strongly hinted I had neurological damage likely caused by my original dentist. He said I needed to see a neuro.

BTW, in my case, and in many cases I hear about, dentists are reluctant to mention neurological damage. I wish someone had said this to me earlier. It cost me dearly to continue getting unnecessary procedures. I hope you don't have neuro damage, or that if there is an issue here, it is mild. You are fortunate that someone said something.

Anyway, my first neuro dx'd me with ATN. My neighbor, who is a neuro, said to go to this other guy who was more experienced, so I switched. He also dx'd me with ATN.
I also went to a pain management guy to see what he could do for me. He dx'd me with ATN. I went to a very well known oral surgeon (different one) who dx'd me with ATN. All felt it was caused by dental work, likely the original dentist office attempting to put on the crown.

I take Desipramine daily. I use a compounded cream on my face with Gabapentin, Lidocaine and Capsaicin 4 times a day...sometimes five. Exercising is very hard. Traveling is very hard. Vibrations, wind and cool air cause flairs. Flairs are very horrible. I have strong medication to take for emergencies.

This is why I think it is important to make sure your dentist is well qualified and to get second opinions and to trust your instincts.

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 06-11-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote