View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Phaedra,

I have both fibro and complex regional pain syndrome. Fibro diagnosis was many years ago-probably close to 20. Muscle pain is always present along with extreme fatigue. I have crps type 2 from ankle surgery a year ago. Although this is just my specific case, there is no comparison between the two. In my case the crps was like POW WHAM after surgery. Intense burning, fire like feeling, extreme sensitivity to touch (after a week surgeon had to remove my cast which was suppose to be on for 6 weeks). Color change of affected area, typical weird hair growth and spread to top of other foot. Swelling of ankle continues. Fibro never had a burning fire like pain for me. Overall muscle pain is typical for fibro-where crps is usually very specific (at least to start) with one area. Lyrica and other like meds are given for both conditions, although I only started with it after surgery. Lyrica for me works very quickly to quiet down buzzing and zapping. Typically antidepressants are given for fibro-but I never took one so don't know what type of response to pain would be.

Very sorry that you have to search for answers to your pain. Sounds like your Dr. is at least trying to look at all possible causes.

Judie
judiesva is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (08-17-2014), eevo61 (06-12-2014), Phaedra (06-11-2014)