Old 06-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahSmile0205 View Post
7 years... WOW!

It just seems like there should be some solution... I know theres not, but I just keep looking!
Please don't be discouraged by my situation.

I suffered what is called a spiral injury. I was cutoff at highway speed. My head went back and forth. The impact then sent my car, airborne, slamming it down perpendicular to the road, and sending my head side to side (and smashing it against the driver's side window). My brain did a complete 360 inside my skull, tearing off precious axions, from all areas. I lost consciousness and had bleeding into my brain. My neuro psychologist told me, short of being shot in the head, that's about as devastating as it gets.

My situation is complicated by instability in my neck. I sustained an injury high up on my spine. The neuro-surgeon deemed it too dangerous to insert metal rods. Sadly, that means that jostling can trigger symptoms like brain fog, headache, etc...

I was told, in the beginning, that it would be about adaptation, not recovery. Still, I have never given up and have come back much, much more than anyone predicted.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Anderson67 (09-02-2014), EsthersDoll (06-11-2014), Mokey (06-13-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-11-2014), music-in-me (06-13-2014), poetrymom (06-13-2014)