View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 01:18 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
I'm one of those overachieving types too... which is why I continued to read and research until I found out about the hormones and pursued it until I received the testing.

It took me 3 years to get to that point of getting the testing and I'm coming close to the 4th anniversary of the date of the accident.

I remember the first neuro I saw kept telling me I was going to get 100% all back to normal in 2 weeks... then 4 more weeks... then 6 more weeks... and then couldn't understand why I still wasn't all better after 5 months... which is why I found another neuro who would take my case seriously.

Now I'm getting so much better than I was before the HRT that my Dr.'s (all except the endo treating me) are pleasantly shocked. I suspect that they were starting to think that my severe deficits and debilitating impairments were going to be permanent...

Every case is different and they say that the Type A personalities are hit harder by this kind of injury - but I suspect we tend to persevere better than the other personality types do.

I also could literally not see traffic in intersections, next to the car I was a passenger in or process even the speed of the traffic.

Now, I can drive on the freeway again, in short trips, by myself. It took me 3+ years and hormone replacement therapy to get there.

The hypopituitarism caused by concussion is the latest and greatest research concerning mTBI... but you never know what they are going to learn in the next couple of years.

I say never give up hope, do the best you can, and it gets easier as time moves on.
Are there symptoms, or symptoms that might be more pronounced, if hypopituitarism is in play after a mTBI?
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SarahSmile0205 (06-11-2014)