View Single Post
Old 06-11-2014, 11:54 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

She said that with my increase in weight loss and the fact that I persistently have a low sodium level, even though it's not to low, that my PCP needs to re-look at my blood pressure medicines, especially my HCTZ. She said that the Amitrptyline and Oxybutinin are both small muscle relaxers and I am on 4 different blood pressure meds and so I called PCP and he cut the HCTZ in half. He has already cut out one of my diabetes meds, cholesterol med and lowered the dose of one of the blood pressure meds since the weight loss but that was about 6 months ago. The episodes come so infrequently I haven't had one since Sunday so I have no idea whether it will work right now. Fingers crossed. I hope when I lose 30 more pounds that he can completely take away the diabetes med and at least one of the blood pressure meds. I have periodic tachycardia so I know I will always have to be on the beta blocker but I would like for the other 3 to go away. I would like to use the cake pan that I store it all in for baking a cake!!!

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (06-12-2014), NurseNancy (06-12-2014), SallyC (06-12-2014)