View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:41 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossline View Post
I have been PCS for alomost a year now has anyone ever heard of or have
any information concerning the Atlas Vertebra (C1) being out of place causing PCS related Symptoms

Thanks
My atlas was out of place for years, symptoms were anxiety, depression, hopelessness, neck stiffness, grinding when turning away from problem side, muscle imbalances all over the body, jaw pain (on the opposite side), TMJ, jaw clicking, lower back pain, pain mid spine on the left, trapped nerves in left trap and back, thick upper traps (from forward head posture i think) anyway, all of my symptoms disappeared after lots of research I finally cracked it (not literally).

Also I wouldnt go to a chiropractor because I've seen some of their 'corrections', all that sudden twisting can't be doing those delicate nerves in your neck any good! I guess that's why the nucca approach is the best because it's gentle.

Here's what I did to re align my c1 atlas

First, I'm not sure how misaligned you are but I'm going to assume you have muscle imbalance in the neck but either way I think the first step I'm about to right is important. If the muscles are tight on one side your head / c1 simply cant go where it's supposed to.

1. Do these stretches to loosen the neck, pay attention to imbalances ie if you can go further on one side than the other. In this case stretch twice as much and don't count, only release the stretch when the muscle has relaxed. You CAN make tighter muscles even tighter by stretching improperly.

*edit*

2. Next the hips. I'm also going to assume you have tight / limited hip movement so here's what to do.

Go for a walk, whilst walking focus on tightening you abs and your but (glutes) whilst tilting your pelvis backwards so you effectively straightening your lower back, so you're pulling the front up an pushing the back down. Hold it for as long as possible, you should feel your lower back free up almost straight away.

Necks loose and hips are loose, so that's the muscles in the top and bottom of your spine sorted, now to align the C1.

3. Perform these two simple exercises in this video. This (as he says) always works in positioning the atlas / *edit*

(Like he says repeat it every hour)

Tip: in ex.2 if you're tense try to relax and when you bring your arms to your shoulders breathe in.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by Koala77; 06-12-2014 at 05:15 AM. Reason: No links allowed for new members.
john86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote