View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:45 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry to keep posting about this, but I'm a bit worried about this head bump - I seem to be reacting worse to it than previous ones. 3 days after the head bump I'm still getting on and off headaches where I bumped it, and it seems my other headaches have worsened as well. I also had some sleep difficulties last night.

I went to a GP on campus to see what they said yesterday morning, and they thought it probably wasn't a concussion (I did fine on all the tests, I also played a lumosity game the day after and scored within normal ranges), but my head is sensitive so it could set me back a bit.

I was pretty emotional in the GPs office, the idea that I set myself back even further was terrifying and saddening. I was so distraught she suggested I go on an SSRI, which I'm resistant to. I then had an emotional conversation with my girlfriend (a lot of stress around that relationship right now, but she's being supportive), and with a therapist.

So, it seems this increase in symptoms could be due to emotional distress, the head bump, or a combination of both. Either way I'm going to take it easy for a few days.

I'm sorry if I seem whiny or excessively worried about minor symptoms compared to what many of you have to deal with, but my life has turned upside down and I'm scared that I've made it worse. I'm feeling better this morning emotionally, but still concerned.

Thanks.
Laupala is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote