View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 12:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cppoly View Post
I'm finding there are many TOS doctors that are not willing to operate unless there is conclusive evidence of compression through test results, regardless of clear evidence of a positive physical exam. I would like to know for the people out, did you have surgery with all negative test results, what type of surgery did you have, and was it successful. Conversely, I also would like to know if your test results were positive, how successful was your surgery. It would be good to know for the group of people who had no positive test results yet had a positive physical exam how their surgery turned out. Compare this outcome with the outcome of people who had positive test results and a positive physical exam how their surgery went. Also, I would like to know what additional tests are out there that I haven't tried. Any reply to any individual topic would be much appreciated.

Here's my symptoms, test results, and physical exam:

Symptoms:
- Bilateral arm/shoulder/hand numbness when arms raised
- Numbness occurs in less than 10 seconds when shaving or brushing teeth
- Neck discomfort / aches / numbness at night time which is causing insomnia with 30 – 60 wakeups every night for the past 10 years

Tests:
MRI Cervical Spine: Negative
MRA/MRV Chest (with arms above my head and not): Negative
MRI Chest: Negative
Sonogram Neck (with arms above head): Negative
X-Ray Cervical Spine: Negative
EMG: Negative
SSEP: Negative

Physical Exam:
- Complete pulse drop out in left arm when raised above head and head turns to the right
- Mild pulse drop out in right arm when raise above head and head turns left
- Numbness in left and right arm when raise above head
- Numbness in occurs in 30 seconds when arms are parallel to floor and fists opening and closing

Thanks
All my tests:emg, mri, xrays, cts were inconclusive. I got the diagnosis at Johns Hopkins based on the physical exam(pulse drops) and Scalene block(lidocaine block). I had surgery on my L side in January, and am having my right side done at the end of July. My L side surgery had a lot of complications which are taking a very long time to recover from, but aside from those, I would say that the surgery was a success. My L side is not constantly in pain or going numb any more. Different approach and surgeon planned for my right side, so I expect it to go better.
brisco71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote