View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

[QUOTE=EsthersDoll;1075340]You are absolutely right. It does take extra energy to be able to tackle something like this - even in the US where I can pay privately for lots of different tests and scans... especially in LA...

I did meet at least one Dr. (the one I'm hopeful will retire soon that I mentioned earlier) whom I had the distinct impression that he did not like the fact that I had read up on so much of this stuff... imagine a Dr. feeling insecure about his patient's knowledge! At one point, he even asked me if I knew about all of this stuff why I even went to see him... my answer = so that he could order the test and my HMO would pay for it. He refused. I ended up paying out of pocket for it and in doing so proved him wrong/ignorant. C'est la vie. At the time I wasn't up for a real fight which is why I paid out of pocket for so many things. Luckily I was able to pay out of pocket and it all worked for me in the long run.

But my heart goes out to those who don't have the energy or stamina to fight, who's Dr.'s are ignorant and who don't have the money to pay for things out of pocket...

Below is a list of Dr.s in Canada who *might* know about this latest research that I gathered from the Pituitary Network Association's (PNA) website: http://pituitary.org/

Here is a link to PNA Canada:
http://pituitary.org/news/featured-n...ciation-canada

Amin B. Kassam, M.D.
Professor, University of OttawaChief and Divisional Head, Department of Neurosurgery
The Ottawa Hospital
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 613-798-5555 16248

Fred Gentili, M.D., MSc., FRCSC
Professor of Neurosurgery University of Toronto
Toronto General Hospital
TorontoON
Canada
Phone: 416-603-5250

Salvatore Di Maio, MDCM, FRSC(C)
Assistant Professor, Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Neurosurgery
Jewish General Hospital; McGill University
MontrealQuebec
Canada
Phone: 514-340-8222

Sylvia L. Asa, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of TorontoPathologist-in-Chief and Medical Director, Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network
University of Toronto
TorontoOntario
Canada
Phone: 416-340-4802

Shereen Ezzat, M.D., FRCP(C), FACP
Professor of Medicine & Oncology, University of Toronto; Head, Endocrine Oncology Site Group, University Health Network
Toronto General Hospital
Toronto, Ontario
Canada
Phone: 416-340-3316

Omar Serri MD, PhD
Professor of Medicine
CHUM Notre Dame Hospital
Montreal
Canada
Phone: 514-890-8000
Email: Email

Margaret Leslie England
MD., FACE
Manitoba Clinic
Winnipeg
Canada
Phone: 310-855-4496[/QUOT
WOW!!!! Thanks for taking the time to provide me with this info.
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SarahSmile0205 (06-12-2014)