View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 08:12 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks Jenna

Good thoughts! I have been dealing with this for 25 years, and I work hard daily to do things you mentioned and agree with you. For sure. I keep moving, stay employed, keep a life, keep active, so I know what you are saying. I am living that life, but I guess my point was different. It really is about the wide range of responses from docs/surgeons/anesthesiologists across the county. Some people have better luck with getting support and "protocols" when it comes to surgery or even after being diagnosed. For instance, some docs give Ketamine (oral, nasal) some will try this, do that, others are boldly and wildly against the same ..this and that. I live in an area with lots of top docs, hospitals everywhere, metropolitan area, and so many doctors here seem like they are living in the dinosaur era treating RSD and really conservative.

It is hard to know that you fight the hard fight daily, but when you need help with surgery, and know surgery is the way you get RSD (for me) that even after 25 yrs of this disease, it has been near impossible to get help. Maybe I am unique in feeling this burden and, well, anger over the years. Fear yes. I think I have finally turned the tides and am so grateful docs seem to want to work with me this time, as a team. SO HAPPY. THIS time will be different and I feel very empowered and positive with the progress I have made advocating for things I need/want which are standard procedures for people with RSD who have to have surgery. That's all. It's a gamble, you never know if it will happen regardless of intervention but from all of my years experience with this disease, I consistently see that people who have XYZ protocols pre, during, post op, fare way better than those that don't.

Thanks again, and appreciate your time and thoughts.
I feel this surgery I will be better prepared as will my team of KICK ***** rock stars (anesthesia, surgeon, pain management) I have faith NOW! And yes I do need to pound the Vit C :-)
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (07-30-2014)