View Single Post
Old 06-12-2014, 10:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I was early in my disease. i would have periods were I would feel almost normal for a couple weeks and then periods were the MG was evident. At that time at only taking 60 mg 3 or 4 times a day, it brought me back to about 75 % of normal. My eyes did not droop, my voice was normal and I did not trip. i worked a full day of work with ease.

About 18 months ago my MG took a step down. I have not had a normal day in 18 months, even while on prednisone, 2000 mg cellcept and almost 1000 mg of mestinon a day. I now have to take 120 every 3 hours of mestinon. It brings me to about 65% of normal - no falling, no choking and no breathing issue. My MG is stable with all the meds. Fatigue is my biggest enemy now.

I am not the norm. Most MGers symptoms stay much more stable then mine. I have other things going on. I am hypothyroid, anemic and they think I may have lupus too. All these things contribute to my weakness and fatigue so you should not judge by my progression.

You will see that with the summer heat, the mestinon may not work as well. MG is worse in the heat so you may need to work with your doctor to up the meds in the summer and reduce them in the fall.

Conserve your energy. Early in the disease, if I had a good day, I would weed the garden or clean the garage. Too much for an MGer, and then it would take weeks to recover. Pace yourself, even on good days.

good luck
kathie
cait24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
juliejayne (06-13-2014)