View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 02:18 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyankee View Post
Perhaps this is one of those questions with a perfectly obvious answer, but I'm going to ask it anyway: will 20 mg of hydrocortisone daily affect results from antibody tests? I got three negatives (one a very nearly positive) from tests done recently. I was diagnosed quite a number of years ago as having adrenal insufficiency and take hydrocortisone daily. The hc really does seem to help, but each dose only works for about 3.5 hours. I also take levothroid and Armour Thyroid for hypothyroidism.
Best,
Laurie
I don't know too much about hydrocortisone affecting antibody tests - I'm on 25mg HC daily for Primary Addison's Disease and have had antibody tests (for Sjogren's & R. arthritis and both came back negative. Re the hypothyroidism I had see-sawing high-low abnormal results for TSH tests and found an easy (and cheap) solution. 1 tsp kelp flakes (for iodine) daily added to food - I also take 200mg daily Vit E to assist with the iodine absorption. Since starting over 18mths ago my TSH tests have been consistently within normal range. Please note I did not have diagnosed Hypothyroidism but it is fairly common for it develop after an Addison's diagnosis. Also I tried this only after discussing it with my GP. I'm sure you are also aware that you should not stop your HC suddenly - tapered reduction is important. Good luck
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote