View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 12:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kevbo887,

I know how frustrating it can be to have experienced seizure-like activity and still get negative results on an EEG (3 in fact for me). My last Neurologist told me I had absolutely no seizures, and I should stop using the term altogether. This was after a 72-hr. continuous monitoring, where my rehab team actually got video of my events to conincide with the EEG.

All I know is that the Neuro. refused to make any diagnosis of what these are, and even intimated that I was suffering from stress and possibly PTSD brought on by my father's wartime experiences(?!!!). My father died when I was 9 years old, and NEVER shared his wartime experiences with me!!! Talk about REACHING!!!

Thank God I have such a good Neuropsychologist, who just isn't satisfied with no diagnosis. And she sent me back to my primary care physician to do a whole work up on all other organs / systems in my body that can possbly be responsible for seizures, other than the brain. All tests came back negative for abnormal function which could be responsble for them.

So, off to an Epilepsy Center I go. I will be grateful to get some answers and help to make these finally stop. I still expereince them 2-4 or more times a week. I hope you get to go right to an Epilepsy center so you don't have to go through what I have to get answers.(4 Neurologists and 3 EEGS).

I know that this sounds like I'm looking for someone to give me answers I want, and in part that's true. But I will accept the RIGHT answer ( true seizures vs. psychogenic seizures ) as long as I can get them to finally stop. It has been a long time ( over a year ) since these things started, and they can be severe enough to go to the ER by ambulance.

Good luck to you. Please try to get some rest from worrying about these too much. Also, I am concerned about your multiple head bumps since you began here on this site. You should go back to your physician right away and report them. Take care,
M-i-m
music-in-me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote