View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 08:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there and gentle hugs

Sorry you are dealing with all this pain. I have both. While I am not good at all at clinical or medical or disease talk per say, I can easily tell the difference between RSD and Fibro. I guess I should say over time some of the pain gets all lumped together and it is just NASTY pain, lol.

BUT, RSD is RSD is RSD for me. Since I get RSD from surgeries and get it immediately, it is clinically and physically very different than ongoing fibro pain. With RSD, as you know, the burning, swelling, acid being poured on you, truck running over your body, stabbing, bone chilling pain, just has its own path of destruction. With Fibro I think I just feel constant, aching, exhausting pain in muscles.

With RSD, my body changed, my body atrophied instantly, my body could not bear to be touched by a sheet, a whisper, my own hair touching my affected limb made me want to vomit. WHile fibro causes me a lot of daily pain, RSD pounded my tissues, bones, skin, muscles, mobility, everything. I think the sensitivity and burning are big differences. I mean burning like on fire, doused with gas burning. I never got that from fibro.

Hugs to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
I went a few days ago to see the family doctor here in town. She is doing blood work and gonna put me on a heart monitor for a couple of days. This is why I went to see her. I told her about my fall back in December that caused my RSD/ CRPS.I showed her my blood pressure monitor and also told her about my sugar dropping. She listened to everything I told her and she checked me over thoroughly. She told me she thinks that on top of the RSD/CRPS that I have Fibromyalgia. She told me I have 18 tender points out of 18. So my question is who here has both CRPS and Fibromyalgia? What is the difference. I read the thread about the difference between the two and still I am a little confused. Please help if you can help me understand.

Thanks in advance.
Burnbabyburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluekrikit (08-17-2014), eevo61 (06-14-2014), Phaedra (06-14-2014)