View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Thanks

Hi everyone and especially Aunt Bean,

Thanks for posting all of this wonderful information on Fava Beans. My father has had PD for a while, and I'm now started to look into Fava and Mucuna. Still trying to find an online store that sells different varieties of seeds, though. I'd like to get the best varieties for our garden.

My dad takes Carb/Leva 25mg/100mg four times a day, and we would like to start replacing some of that with mucuna seed powder capsules or fava beans. I just bought some 650mg Organic mucuna seed powder capsules, and through some research I've found that about 4% of the seed is L-dopa, which would make each capsule contain about 25mg of l-dopa, give or take. Do any of you have recommendations or ideas on how much Sinemet we could or should initially attempt to replace? I was thinking he could cut his pills in half, and take one capsule and one half four times a day instead of four Sinemet. Let me know what you all think!

Thank you Aunt Bean, and thanks again everyone for all of your posts throughout the years.
Ckokkinos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hiptothat (02-19-2015)