View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:37 PM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Made It Up Stated It Precisely

It has to be up to the patient. Before you start the Sinemet, why not try the Queen's jelly? I ordered some and am hoping to get it soon. I just tried Apple cider vineger to see if it would help my overacid stomach.

Asking when to start Sinemet can only be determined by you. You know what you want to continue to do and where to draw the line as to when you will be comfortable learning to live with PD. I stopped working one year after diagnosis and had a very difficult time with my self esteem. But I was able to somehow work through it and focused on getting the most up to date news I could on the internet to improve my life quality. It wasn't until my husband became sick of my selfish need to solve my illness and asked for a divorce, that I ran out of the house and admitted I was trying to control what I couldn't and damaging my marriage on top of it.

When I got home, anger had turned to offering my best friend his freedom, only to find it wasn't me he hated, but my obsessive nature in deal with the disease. After conseling, I can now say I am learning to live with the disease, and not have it as the foremost thing in my thoughts after living with it seventeen years. I have a couple genetic mutations and share the illness with an older sister.

My older sister always knew she would be a nurse. She got her degree, as I did, and began practising her profession. It was less than a year into her nursing practice, that she began showing parkinsonism symptoms. I would honestly say I saw her symptoms when she was still in high school because she had a most unusual stride. My sister chose to continue working and after 20 years of attempting to demy the severity of her symptoms, is no longer able to find a hospital to hire her. She chose to put her career first and deny herself the joy of children. I have three boys. She is going through a difficult time now, as most people do when they retire. But she knows she lived her life her way and ****** the disease. She will come to terms with the choices she made because she chose them. She will have no trouble looking back on her life.

There is no right way for everyone. You cannot ask society what to do with your life, you must get as much information about your situation and make an educated decision of what you are comfortable living with. Patients get mad but they rock on just like everyone else!!!

Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davos (02-09-2009)