View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Vanessa. I'm still sorry to hear how hard of a time you are having with your rsd But I'm glad the new pm is a lot better than your old one.

With the handicapt thing. What you have to do is have one of your doctors write a script allowing you to have a handicapt thing. Then go to the dmv place I believe or some place that deals with that stuff and give them the script. It also helps to have a few articles on rsd so they know that isn't curable. We forgot and my mom had to explain over and over what was wrong. After all that, you should get a handicapt tag.

I believe my rsd is beginning to spread into my mouth/throat also. It isn't bad yet, but I can feel it starting. And I am starting to feel really thirsty all the time. What I find that helps me is to drink cool drinks, but not with ice. Caffeine kinda irritates my throat so I try to stay away from that. Really thin drinks (like water) kinda hurt sometimes because they go down so fast so I drink lemonade, gatorade (a lot), and stuff like that. And what I also found that helps is cough drops. Not the strong ones, but they simple $2 bag of the cherry flavored ones. They help out a lot for me.

I hope you get better soon. I'm thinking about you.

Hugs

Nikki
nikmcjo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote