Thread: B12 deficiency
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 06:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

[QUOTE=mrsD;1075786]Welcome to NeuroTalk....

There should not be many issues with the B12. Do you know what the concentration of your test was? pg/ml, or nmol/L ? You may need to convert your result. 400pg/ml is the lowest norm now in the US.

Did you take antibiotics for your flu, or just before? Digestive issues are common with antibiotics. Try eating some organic Kefir daily and see if you feel better in that respect.

You should take the B12 on an empty stomach...as it is swallowed with your saliva and will be absorbed passively in the intestine if no food is present.

Your dose is not high and only about 13 micrograms will be absorbed for each dose.

People who continue with odd symptoms when using methylB12 should get tested for mercury and other heavy metals. Too much mercury may react with methylB12 but there is no absolute proof of this.

As your body heals from deficiency there may be odd feelings but they should not be extreme.

Hello, thanks you for the reply.
It's 284 pg/ml.
I didn't take antibiotics, the digestive issues started to occur a week after supplementing with b12, the first week I supplemented with cyancobolamin, and then I switched to methylcobolamin.
First 2 weeks I was mostly very hungry, and on the third week less appetite due to gas I think, cause I burp and take out air often.

I take Jarrow methyl b12 - it's a sublingual, I put it under the tongue for 45min for maximum absorption. according to a knowledgeable guy from another forum that's about 120mcg in 45 min.

The feelings aren't extreme, they're mostly bothering, the digestive issues makes me apprehensive and then I think it worsen my mood.
So probably psychological fear from symptoms as well aggravates the situation.
alonaxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote