View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 07:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

This is something I struggle with a lot too. I have accepted the fact that my house will never really be that clean because I can't do housework and I don't want my husband to have to do everything. When I get stressed about things not being organized or the kitchen being too dirty to cook dinner I just remind myself that it's not all that important. If people want to judge me because my home is a mess that's their issue, not mine.

Not being able to go out I find harder to deal with. I don't want my husband to limit his life because of me so I encourage him to go out with friends even when I am in too much pain to go out. He's been very supportive about it, he knows my limitations and doesn't pressure me or make feel bad about not going out. I still get depressed about not being "normal", I don't think that will every fully go away. I manage to keep myself feeling well by staying busy with things I enjoy that don't cause me pain.

The important thing to remember: you don't have to live your life according to other people's expectations. There is nothing wrong with living your life the way you need to.
KatLC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (06-15-2014), eva5667faliure (06-19-2014), ger715 (06-16-2014), PamelaJune (06-15-2014), shel_ldf (06-25-2014)