View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Since we returned from Canada I've been able to cycle nearly every day. This week the Dance for PD class started again too. My husband and I have been training on a tandem for the ride across Iowa in late July. We look like a couple of comedians. Thursday we stopped and just fell over, thump. No one was hurt but I don't like not knowing where I'm going and having no control over speed, braking or anything. At the end of the ride he gently asked me if I thought I might be able to ride Iowa on my solo bike. What a relief. I'm sure it will be tough but I'm doing pretty well alternating 25 mile rides pretty much on the flats with going up and down the steep hill near our home. I'm feeling more and more energetic and just stronger. I'm so glad I added Sinemet too. 25/100 3/day plus Requip XL 8 mg in the morning.

I got my first rejection letter from a literary agent today. I expect there will be many more but hopefully my book will be published at some point and you all can critique it.

Speaking of books, I'm starting to read "Madness and Memory: The Discovery of Prions--a new biological principle of Disease" by Stanley Prusiner, MD, Nobel Laureate. I expect it will provide valuable insights into our disease. Hopefully I can sort of understand it.

Happy Father's Day all you dads.
Nan Cyclist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (06-15-2014), soccertese (06-15-2014)