View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyme and MG

I am so happy to have found this thread. I live in a Lyme hot spot in MASS and have had Lyme at least 7 or more times in 38 years that I've lived here. In the beginning we didn't know what it was up until the eighties, and then we got it treated, at first with 2 weeks of doxy and more recently like last summer I took it for 6 weeks. I'd been so busy all summer, I mean really stressed so busy that I couldn't take time to think about why I was having such a hard time walking up and down my hill between my house and my studio. Finally in August my son said to me Mom, maybe you have Lyme. My test was pos and I took 6 weeks of doxy, but I never felt strong after and looking back I'm thinking I was having a bit of trouble doing stairs, but I'm a pretty heavy woman and in my mid sixties so I thought well I'm fat and getting old, but I've lived a very active and physical life and I was noticing it was weird that repeated trips up and down the hill were taking me "out"... I'd lay down and rest and then after a good rest I'd be fine. Long story short... I was in a foreign counrty for a few months and had time to do research on Lyme. I was thinking I had chronic Lyme but the symptoms don't really match so well. I never have headaches and I feel pretty good, it's just that I get worn our doing stairs and things like climbing hills and I feel fine after rest. Last Feb I started feeling a sensation between my shoulders like blind pimple. Around April it began to feel it spreading more a bit but it would be there some days, like if it was going to rain , but then gone. Later it seemed to be there most every day. I somehow got off track doing my constant research and stumbled on MG and I was flabbergasted when I realized that "this" was what I have. My last eye appt had some tests with flashing lights that I didn't do so well on and my doctor asked me to come back and see her when I got back. When i read online for several hours sometimes everything gets blurry. So I went to my primary Doc and told her what I was thinking and she sent me for the Acetylcholine test and I'm waiting for the result. I know it can be neg and I can still have MG. BUT BUT , now i know that what I suspected could still be true or that there is some kind of connection with Lyme and MG... I'm not crazy on top of it all. I think even if I am MG pos , I'm going to get tested and find out if I have co infections etc... because that gives me hope to read some of what I've read on this thread. Tracy, if you read this please let me know how your doing . Thanks for reading me guys... I am so happy to have read you.
Beamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote