Thread: B12 deficiency
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 10:26 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Kitt thanks you.

mrsD, I would like to describe the whole picture; as I read through the forum I notice that you have a lot of experience, I would really appreciate if you can add some more tips for my recovery.

When I was 26, I visited the doctor complaining about general weakness. during the two years before the visit I had studied in the university.
These two years were extremely exhausting because I had to struggle with eye problems (can't read for long periods of time from close).
My brutal determination to go forward and study anyway has ended up in total exhaustion after these two years.
My B12 back then was 380pg/ml.

Today, I'm 28 years old, since the exhaustion episode I haven't recovered 100%, I lived normal life but couldn't exercise intensively and lift weights, seems like my body hasn't responded well to intensive exercise.

Lately, I caught the flu, weakness has kickstarted again, and this what hasted me do the blood test, which revealed 284pg/ml level of B12.

I really think that I was already deficient two years ago, and it's mostly due to my tendency for perfectionism and pushing myself to exhaustion.

I also thought that if my personality has depleted my b12 vitamin, wouldn't other vitamins/minerals become depleted as well?

I thought about supplementing with zinc, magnesium and vitmain C as well.

I will appreciate your advice, what do you think about my theory?
alonaxis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote