View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 08:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Trip of a lifetime ...... And I am so nervous

Three years ago we planned a trip to Italy for my 50th birthday. But, instead I had spine surgery #3 and #4, and developed wicked CRPS. The surgeon said I had "radiculopathy" that would improve and I would be back to work in 8 weeks. WELL ..... 3 years later I am still unable to work and use a cane to walk short distance and a wheelchair for more than a small distance. I had given up on my dream to take this special trip.

My husband, daughter and I decided this was something we still very much wanted to do, so we made the arrangements and our flight leaves Monday night. That's the good news!!

Here's where I need some help from all my CRPSy friends. I am so nervous about coping and managing with the "work" of traveling. Getting from point A to B,getting on and off trains, planes and taxis, managing my pain while vacationing. All of this worries me. I have discussed this at length with my husband and daugther,and they keep telling me things like "we will take our time, pace our activities, you will be fine". But,it is hard to explain to them the level of anxiety I am feeling.

Can anyone out there relate and share some thoughts?You guys are the only ones who truly "get it". Thanks in advance for any help.
~Lottie
Jan. 2005 L5/S1 discectomy and Artificial Disc Replacement.
July 2011 removal of broken
Artificial Disc Replacement.
Woke up in recovery room with RSD Monster.:

Aug 2011 Stabilization of spine at L3/L4/L5.
October 2014 Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Lottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (06-30-2014), AZ-Di (06-16-2014), fbodgrl (06-16-2014), Russell (06-16-2014)