View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 02:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by used to be View Post
Hello to all and hope you are having a beautiful day. My rsd is the result of a fall on ice in the parking lot of a major shopping mall. Next week I have to meet with the attorney for the mall to give a deposition. Has anyone else had experience with this? I am feeling very overwhelmed. Between the pain and the side effects of the meds I don't know how I'll make it through the day. Based on how the deposition goes they may offer a settlement. How do I know what is fair? How do you put a price on the loss of use of a limb? Has anyone else gone through this? I feel bad for having to do this but my life will never be the same again and it is not my fault. Hope no one thinks I'm a terrible person. Any advice you could give me would be so helpful...Jeannie
Hi Jeannie! Just wanted to add some of my knowledge here. My husband who has neurapathy, stepped on a roofing nail on our property that the neighbors next door hired(Roofers) to do their roof. Well, they(The roofers cleaned up everything) but had to come back out the next day, as it was raining and I guess the neighbors roof was leaking. ok.. anyway, the roofers came out.. they were throwing shingles, nails everywhere, cussing in the rain.. ok.. the next day, hubby go's to mow the grass and being he has no feeling in his feet, steps on the nail that was in our yard! well, hubby comes in after mowing the grass, takes his shoe off and there is blood all over his sock.. and there in his shoe is the roofing nail those roofers threw in our yard!! To make a long story short, I called an attorney in Cleveland ohio.. he wanted me to take pictures of my husbands foot while he was in the hospital(he is diabetic and nearly lost that foot) from the roofers neglect. ok.. he sent us a large package to put my husbands shoe in(Attorney) and took it from there. we didn't even have to go to court, My husband's attorney had all the "proof' he needed. I got paid a high sum of money as well as my husband. this took 1 year. I wish you the best of luck. the Attorney's are usually your moth piece, (Does all the talking) he got the roofers and they settled.
Desi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote