View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Depression

Gerry and Eva - I too, know this demon of depression well, as I think most of us dealing with chronic pain do.

Gerry, what you said about relying on God really resonated with me. I have always taken such comfort in knowing that before God allows ANYTHING - good or bad - to touch my life, that He has first held it in His hands. And in doing so, He has felt every bit of pain, happiness, sorrow, joy, sadness - He has felt it all before I feel it. That means that when it does touch my life - whatever it is, good or bad - it is covered by His fingerprints.

The fact that He still allows it to touch my life gives me strength - because I know He wants to use whatever situation to either teach me something, to strengthen my faith, or to allow me to use my experience to somehow be a blessing and an encouragement to someone else.

I think I would just crumble into a broken pile of dust if I didn't have the assurance that He brings everything into my life for a reason.

I am so blessed by the two of you and the transparency with which you share your experiences - y'all are truly an encouragement to me!

=Becky
chrelsey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-16-2014), ger715 (06-16-2014), PamelaJune (07-25-2014)