View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 01:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by visioniosiv View Post
Lottie!

My first time out of the house I went to see a movie to prove to myself I could still be "normal." I hadn't seen a movie in years. Sat there by myself in flip flops with my whole leg burning red and pouring sweat all over the floor, in the back row so I could jump up and sit down every 60 seconds. I felt like SCREAMING at the previews for taking so long.

The movie was awful. The pain was even worse.

It was one of the best days of my life.
I went to Comic Con this spring for one day. It was my first time ever going to one, but I've always wanted to because I'm a total geek. I took the train into the city because parking is a nightmare and I would have had to walk unimaginable distances to get to the building if I drove. I had to take pain meds throughout the day and was still in unimaginable pain when I got home. And like you, it was one of the best days of my life! This fall I'm planning all three days of the fall con. Can't wait!!!

I believe our experiences and trips are what we make of them. Yes, there is a lot we can't control like our pain and other types of suffering. But there is so much we can control, and most importantly is how we deal with what we're handed. You may find that you need a day to rest up after you get there, I know I would. Beyond that, as long as you take things at whatever pace you can handle I think you'll be fine. It sounds like you have an awesome family to support you and I hope you have a wonderful time. Don't let the rough edges of this stupid disease rob you of a great experience. Take everything in and don't hold back on experiencing it all!

Celiac DX Dec 2012; over 30 years symptoms to DX
CRPS DX March 2014; 5 years, 1 month from first symptom to DX
Adalaide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (06-30-2014), AZ-Di (06-16-2014), eevo61 (06-16-2014), Lottie (06-21-2014), visioniosiv (06-30-2014)