View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Yes, you may have intact intrinsic factor. It will latch onto the B12 and carry it to the intestine for transcobalamin to pick it up.

People with no acid in the stomach or intrinsic factor, are dependent on passive absorption only, so large amounts of B12 have to be present in the intestine.

You should get another test in about 3 months to see how far your levels have come up. I got my level up very high (1999) with 5mg a day... but I didn't start at a low level. I average around 800pg/ml. I was checking the new methylB12 that Puritan's Pride started to sell...I wanted to see if it really worked before suggesting it to others. When you start really low, the B12 will be sent to high priority locations, like the spinal cord and brain, and bone marrow. Also if the liver has exhausted its storage, it will keep some with every dose.

Stop using any B12 orally or injectable at least 5 days before any blood testing.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alonaxis (06-16-2014), Theta Z (06-16-2014)