View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 09:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Scalenectomy Fail

I am now just over 4 months post-scalenectomy (1st rib resection was in 2009) with no relief. I might actually be worse. I have been going to PT with Lider Chan and have been underwhelmed. I tried getting Workers' Comp to cover me going to Orange County to Ando & Aston with no luck.

Dr. Gelabert (UCLA) is quite disappointed (obviously) and we are going to try a pec minor block and see if that helps. If so, the pec minor tenotomy will be a consideration. If not, then, I don't know. They can only remove so much, right?

I am trying accept that this might not go away again, a concept that many of you know is hard to grasp. I'm planning to go back to school to get a Masters in Psychology, because I think it is a job I could physically do - especially private practice. It is also something I have been thinking about for years so this is just a good kick in the butt to move forward. I will likely get one of the voice recognition programs as I don't think I can type that many papers.

I've also started going back to the gym - I was a personal trainer and fitness manager when my recurrence happened. I just do leg workouts and ride the recumbent bike some but it is making me feel a lot better emotionally. So, trying to remain as positive as one can during this crap.
sec161 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote