View Single Post
Old 06-16-2014, 11:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sec161 View Post
I am now just over 4 months post-scalenectomy (1st rib resection was in 2009) with no relief. I might actually be worse. I have been going to PT with Lider Chan and have been underwhelmed. I tried getting Workers' Comp to cover me going to Orange County to Ando & Aston with no luck.

Dr. Gelabert (UCLA) is quite disappointed (obviously) and we are going to try a pec minor block and see if that helps. If so, the pec minor tenotomy will be a consideration. If not, then, I don't know. They can only remove so much, right?

I am trying accept that this might not go away again, a concept that many of you know is hard to grasp. I'm planning to go back to school to get a Masters in Psychology, because I think it is a job I could physically do - especially private practice. It is also something I have been thinking about for years so this is just a good kick in the butt to move forward. I will likely get one of the voice recognition programs as I don't think I can type that many papers.

I've also started going back to the gym - I was a personal trainer and fitness manager when my recurrence happened. I just do leg workouts and ride the recumbent bike some but it is making me feel a lot better emotionally. So, trying to remain as positive as one can during this crap.
Sorry to hear about your situation. Everything you have written sounds familiar. I want to say to you don't give up. We all know TOS is not easy, but we have to keep searching and seeking help. I'm at the gym almost every day, and the only thing I've been doing is using the elliptical. Not using the arm part. But it helps to get out of the house, and try to live a peaceful and fun life. Keep asking questions to your doctors and looking for others who can help you who's under W/C. May GOD bless and strengthen you.
20YrsTOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote