View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:02 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

MWS,
I wear my sunglasses all sorts of places and in the beginning I was self conscious about it. But after a while I just enjoyed the comfort they gave me and it seemed once I relaxed about it, so did everyone else. (Which clearly makes me think it was all in my head! )

I'm still embarrassed about needing to use my cane to walk around. I hate using it and I hate the fact it makes my life easier and safer, especially in public. (I rarely use it at home, partly because if I fall down at home, no one makes that big a deal of it... but fall down at a grocery store or somewhere like that, holy cow, instant center of attention... everyone freaks out!!)

I'm only 42 and before my injury I was super active and independent and now I walk around like an old lady?! Gah! But if I use my cane, I'm less tired, less likely to fall down and its less likely strangers and children will run into me and knock me down.

But I still find it humiliating.

But do what you have to do to get through this... you have to look after yourself... that's what's important right now.

Starr
"Starr" is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (06-18-2014), Mokey (06-18-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-18-2014)