View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 10:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Okay ladies...you all hit on good stuff

Sunglasses I wear everywhere. Yep I hate when I am talking to doctors but it's that or a headache/migraine. I'm on my second pair since the accident. The champion sunglasses at Target work best for me with full coverage. They are always with me. I look forward to the day I don't need them. I like Marks suggestion...I'm photosensitive since my brain injury.

Clothes. Ugh. I looked at my closet last week and realized I have dress clothes and work in the yard clothes. I'm lacking middle of the road clothes. I have next to none. Shopping now is a huge pain. I will online but it's a gamble being nearly 5'1".

In Jan my husband bought a transport chair. I hate using it. If we are going more than a short trip I need it or we all have to go home. With it they can still do and when my brain heads south so does my tush. The rest in the chair makes a huge difference!!!! A month ago I bought a walking stick. That helps a lot too. People stay out of my way which to me is safer. When I'm going off balance I have the stick to help. It is odd being 43 with it but I opted for a walking stick instead of a cane.

We all have a lot in common. I still worry about glasses, looking appropriate, and not walking. I didn't for around 16 months because I was in another world. I'm starting to put thought into how I look. I think it's an improvement.

Peace,

Jace

*TBI with mild to severe damage November 2012 from car crash. Stroke with hemorage & 4 clots in veins in brain Feb/Mar 2015.

*Vestibular damage, PCS, hypercusis, severe visual processing and tracking issues, short term memory loss, headaches/migraines, occipital neuralgia, cognitive issues, neurological issues, brain fog, brain fatigue when over stimulated, twitching, vertigo, neck issues, nerve issues, PTSD, personality change, Since stroke left side weakness, rage, worsening of vestibular problems, recall, speech, memory.

*Can't drive or work. Have done occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, physical therapy. Learning work arounds, and strategies to be competent in daily life. Change your attitude/perspective changes your life. As TBI survivors this is a vital part of our healing and living.

*Working on getting to know and accept the new me.
Living_Dazed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mokey (06-18-2014), MomWriterStudent (06-18-2014), poetrymom (06-18-2014)