View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

June already? End of the school year activities are in full swing. We attended my daughter's 5th grade school play last night, and she had one of the leading roles . She did a great job both acting and singing! We were very proud of her. Today she is off to an all day field trip at the Milwaukee Zoo, and next week is the school award ceremony and 'graduation' from elementary school. Middle school... here she comes.

On a sadder note, my mom died a week and a half ago. The last day I actually saw her was on Mother's Day. This wasn't unexpected, as many of you know. We had a lovely service for her at my sister's lake home that is built on the lake my mother spent much of her childhool. It was attended by family members only, and we sang a few songs, shared memories, etc. My mom never wanted a funeral, but we think she would have appreciated the casual service we had. Then we had another memorial visitation in the city where they spent most of their adult life, and I couldn't believe how well attended that was. Again, it was held in my sisters home, and was a very relaxed casual event. It seemed everybody really enjoyed offering their condolences in a relaxed home environment. My two sisters, Dad and I spent ten days together surrounding all of this... that was so nice. Not everyone has that luxury, and we cherished it.

Then, I have this wedding to get ready for! My son is getting married in two weeks. Luckily, as the groom's mom I don't have too much to worry about. The biggest worry I had was whether my mom was going to be able to attend, and I guess that question has been answered. The bride's dress is made from the lace of my mom's dress, and coincidentally, my son and his fiance shared the same engagement date (October 23... my mom's birthday) and wedding date (June 16) as my mom and dad. She will be there in spirit, I know.

I'm feeling emotionally spent with all these things going on. My plans for the weekend are simple... to get some flowers planted around the yard and unpack my suitcase!

Cara

jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote